Friday, October 29, 2010

Side - Tracked!


I’ve discovered that in my year of study (currently), that in my first semester I was fully and utterly dedicated and motivated to be as productive in work and able to focus. One could say I had a bigger vision and was more goal oriented.

Then the 2010 Soccer World Cup came around and totally consumed me for one month of AYOBANESS!

Second semester came around, and suddenly I feel that I’ve become lazy and side- tracked from my studies completely. My prime goal is to finish off my studies, yet I find it somewhat extremely hard to keep focus this term. I don’t know why but whenever I have to do work or decided to do work, an errand or another venture would pop up and I’ll be out and about.

I’ve also noticed that such occurrences take place especially after a long holidays or holidays in general. It’s like my brain goes holiday and I have this constant need to do something, something other than my school work. It also made me realize that the passion in my work deteriorated for some apparent reason… Poing... light bulb of realization I guess!

There are other underlying factors such as being somewhat de-motivated in my course after discovering that all my lecturers do not follow through as expected and this is an extreme disappointment, hence you do not feel the need to really do your best, but to perform at your average.

On the flipside, I’ve also discovered all the many opportunities that await us outside in the business world and it’s quite scary if you’ve been there and know what is expected of you in order to survive. You need and must obtain a strong character within yourself in order to prevent yourself from being sucked into a company’s order of doing things.

In essence I really just want this feeling of being carefree and carelessness to evaporate from my mind, body and soul and to become focused just until my finals are over.

Wish me luck until next time… chow bella! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment