Sunday, October 31, 2010

Conventional is a good fallback position isn’t it? Wake - Up!



Let’s just think about this statement a bit... Conventional is a good fallback position isn’t it?

I would have to agree and disagree. Yes, I agree in that living a conventional lifestyle means to abide to laws plan and follow certain procedures, abide to structures... a way of living on the safe side of life, no doubt about that, but what one doesn’t ask is why be conventional?

Conventional is a term that strikes me a boring, lame, safe but most importantly uncreative!
In fact, being conventional is merely conforming to socially accepted customs of behaviour or style, especially when it comes to lacking imagination.

This is a word I would not take with me to my grave, or even be associated with. It’s a word that I feel society invented to give people a sense of purpose on earth and not truly discovering who they truly are because... ‘You can just be seen as ordinary, simple and conventional’. It’s safe and no one would ever think lesser of higher of you.

NEWSFLASH! This is the new age and people need to start realising that a new world order is in place that controls our thoughts, views and emotions on a daily basis. By being conventional as a human, gives powerful people more leeway and space to control and govern.

As much as conventional lifestyle is a safe lifestyle, I do not encourage anyone to practice it. Try something new every day and figure out who you are and what purpose you serve. Stop being afraid of the world, you’ll never know unless you take that leap.

I hope I inspired someone today!

Until Next Time... Chow Bella:)

No comments:

Post a Comment