Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Try a Cliche`


Did you know a cliché is so cliché; they’ve made a site called http://www.clichesite.com/. Today I decided to pick my favourite cliché that appealed to my life. It’s boring liner… lol but it called out my name today so let’s please hail down for this cliché and not discriminate now (drum roll)… and the cliché for today is : ‘Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today!’

This cliché in a nutshell is saying, ‘do what you can do today and get it over and done with, then rather taking the procrastinating roller coaster and never really getting to finish your work.

Well today is that day for me. I do not want to procrastinate anymore than I know I can and would, but at the end of the day all the work piles up and you establish a disease called ‘STRESS’. I’m always getting the symptoms but I refuse to join the party and look 50 when I’m actually only 25.

This cliché I will be manifesting in the years to come and the months that are left in this year. I refuse to be a victim of ‘stress’. Many of my class mates love to get stressed, have migraines, become sick and eventually stay at home because the doctor has diagnosed them with this nasty stress disease.
I wouldn’t like to go into that slump because once you do; you never seem to come out of that mexi- coma.

The next time you want to use a cliché, choose one that actually brings true meaning into your life, a saying you can use to assist you in being a stress free human being on this planet.

Why wait until tomorrow when today is still at its peak. The day only ends at midnight after all.

Just imagine you are Cinderella and your curfew is at midnight, and you need to finish what you started without leaving anything over until the next day, because then it would be too late and the prince will never find your slipper because you thought you'd only drop your slipper next day, do you really think they would look for it? No ways, you snooze; you lose (another cliché).

Just remember cliche` aren't just words, it represents images, sayings, acts of people that get labled and we are ones that create these cliche`s, by allowing someones figure of speech or catchy phrase grip and stick to us until death do us part.

What cliché do you relate with best? This cliché was my ultimate motivator and I’ll use it until I manifest some goals and achievements… starting today!
Until Next time… xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Interesting motivator cliché Mish. I should try to apply this cliché to my life as well, as at times I tend to procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete