Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chilling with Lesbians...


This was an all new experience to me when my friend invited me along to a braai in the CBD of Cape Town. Little did I know it was going to a full on Lesbian gathering until we were almost there. I’ve never been to just a lesbian party, braai encounter before, so I was quite keen and eager to meet everyone and see what lesbians were all about.

When we got there it was only lesbians that were there ( as I’ve already mentioned just couldn’t believe it really). At first it was quite weird because only a few mingled with us, and then there were just the random clicky girls who stuck together.

As the evening progressed, I started feeling quite comfortable and felt like it was a girl’s night out (which it was). We had great pizza, red wine, beers and each other which was a lot of fun.

I became too comfortable that I ended up falling asleep on the couch cuddling a pillow. It was quite funny because when I woke up, it was like I didn’t really miss anything, and nobody judged me for falling asleep.

I also realized that lesbians are really not that different besides dating chicks. We can still have perfectly and outrageous conversations with each other, laugh about remarks and not get offended and just be yourself.

I really enjoyed the evening, because we were just a bunch of chicks with different clicks and backgrounds, be it male intentions of female intentions, we could come together and just be who we are and not feel like we were being judged!

I will definitely do it again, you all rocked!

1 comment:

  1. Yes lesbians are just as normal as you and me. It is just a pity that society is not embracing them, especially in black communities.

    ReplyDelete