Friday, May 21, 2010

It is better to practice a little than talk alot!


In life, we find many people in our lives that say too much but can never follow through with certain commitments and promises.I'll admit, sometime I make commitments too that I am not able to follow through, but at least I've become aware of it and I'm trying my best to meet what commit to do. Like handing in assignments, you get students speaking so highly and proudly of their work, saying it was easy.. bla bla bla, then when lecturers submit your assignments, they obtain a lower mark than you. Why is that? Simple, you imprint in your head that you are better and know more, when actually you don't. The same applies to work deadlines, people say they will deliver but then hardly make it through half way.

We are always trying to show others our worth in what we say. It's like meeting friends who went travelling for two years in America and all of a sudden... two years later they return with an acquired uppity Rar-Rar-Rar Upper East Side American Accent. I do understand the fact that sometimes you have to adapt to a certain English Dialects because people can't understand what you are saying because you are foreign... I get that totally. But when you do return... and decide to keep that accent, I think the only person you not being true to is yourself.

I admit, I've also dreamed of travelling soon, but the reality is, I need money to accomplish those goals and without it, I am unable to venture out. It's the same like saying you own a car, but I never seen it in your drive way, nor seen you drive it. Why must we lie to ourselves people?

I understand we all tell a lie or two sometimes to impress our friends, but to make something up like,' my mom and I will be immigrating to Paris soon because I'm starting my new fashion line there', and 5 years later you are still where you started... studying? Who are you kidding... only yourself.

A perfect politician who talks too much and hardly ever delivers would be Julius Malema. All he ever does it talk talk talk talk but when is it ever relevant. His mouth runs away with him 99% of the time. He is a ANC youth leader, and when he speaks Sh*t to the media, the Media aks ANC all the questions, not him. He's a leader who hasn't really mastered his qualities of being a true example. People look up to him because he's fierce and proud, which are very good leadership qualities to have, but you should know where to draw the line... and in his case, he needs to draw the line in knowing when to shut up and when to speak.

Its best to stick to reality stories and build you vision and goals from there. We are all so quick to make comments about others, yet we have the exact same faults, but feel better about yourself by criticizing others.

My advice to you... Practice what you preach my brothers and sisters. Be it about our families, our working statuses, the people we date, always try and make your actions and words truthful.

At the end of the day, you are only shooting yourself in the foot by being dishonest about who and what you truly are.

Until Next Time... Chow Bela :)

No comments:

Post a Comment