Sunday, November 7, 2010

Swept off my Feet!


Have you ever had a day where everything didn’t go completely your way then out of the blue something so random happens to you that you’ll never forget?... Well it happened to me lately.

It was a normal day at tech, but I was expected at home to help at home as it was my brother’s matric ball, so it was quite a crazy day. Initially my brother was to fetch me at the station, but this time around he couldn’t fetch him. I was very upset because it takes me at least 20-30mins to walk from the station and taken the day I had, I really didn’t have the energy to walk.

As I’m walking I notice a black BMW M3 pulling up in a drive way but looking very lost and I think to myself: “ooh please don’t ask me now for directions because I really don’t have the energy, and I don’t look presentable”. Nevertheless the slower I walked just not to meet the car the longer it stalled. Finally I walked closer and the man in the car asks if he tells me he’s lost and how beautiful I am in one breath… makes one wonder if or whether the poor chap was really lost? Then I explained to him how to get out of Kuils River, then as he’s about to leave he asks for my number but I said no, then he asks me can I just give him anything whereby he could make contact… after much deliberation, I finally gave him my email address.

Then as he drives away, and after being spoilt with compliments, he lit my up my angry day and converted it into a beautiful happy day… hhahahah.

I was so chuffed, stoked up by him, he just swept me off my feet, but knowing men, nothing would have come of it (even though he did make contact with me via email). It felt like I was dreaming and for split second I could see myself living the lavish lifestyle and being completely happy, until reality made me realize that one shouldn’t thrive on other peoples wealth in order to make it big one day, you should get their on your own and be proud of that achievement, that way you won’t take anything, or anyone for granted.

Moral of my tale… there’s nothing wrong with being swept off you feet once in a while, but allow yourself base your final partner decision on being in love with the person for who they are, and not what they own or what their pay check delivers on an annual basis.

Hope you enjoyed this piece…
Until next time… Chow Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment