Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Live a little...


Sometimes in life, we have the tendency to live past each other, but moreover we forget to embrace our surroundings. I have taken the liberty to take time apart from my homely surrounding to stay with my friend for a few days due to study constraints. What I thought at first would be a good experience just to get away, turned out to be much better than my initial expectations.

My friend stays in Walmer Estate in Cape Town, which has the most awesome lookout of the mother city. If I have to compare my area (Kuils River) to Walmer Estate, I’d have to say that Walmer Estate has captured my soul by allowing me to be free, rethink my living standards and allows me to just be me.

I was taken out of my comfort zone because at home, I had the pleasures of having lunch being packed in for me every day, a domestic lady who cleaned my room, does my washing and a mother who cooks a meal every night. This change has forced me to change my ways. Now I wash my cloths, cook sometimes, clean up and have to prepare my own lunch. Do I enjoy it? Not really but I in terms of my privacy and all the freedom I have apart from living at home, I feel like I’ve been set free from a cage.

It has also allowed me to look at my life from a different perspective, including my relationship, and I realised that I needed this break to figure out what I really needed and wanted out of my relationship.

What I’m trying to say is that even though we have hectic business lives, we should always take time out and revisit our soul surroundings, feed our soul, but most importantly, listen to that inner soul. We never realise how our busy lifestyles and society gives us no platform of balance, and that is where you as the individual needs to step in, draw retrospect and change those social settings.

I leave you with this quote by Anna Eleanor Roosevlt: "The purpose of life is to live it, to taste, experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences."

Until Next time... chow Bela :0

No comments:

Post a Comment