Wednesday, November 3, 2010

PR students... Need to voice their Opinions!


Since the start of the New Year (2010), and since I’ve taken it upon myself to complete my fourth year – B-tech degree in Public Relations Management ,I’ve realised that people who study PR in general just love to complain, but don't have the balls to do something about it.

It becomes this contagious disease that seems to rub off on all the students. There isn’t one incident I can think of where a 1st, 2nd, 3rd year and B-tech students do not complain about anything. From a outside business perspective, I felt at times like what they were complaining about was irrelevant or just plain simply unnecessary.

Yes, there have been times we have spoken up regarding serious matters, but in most cases, I feel that the students are just petty in general.

I sometimes think that complaining has consumed PR students and they don’t know of anything better to do than complain. I admit, yes I complain too, but when I think about what I complained, it’s things that I've addressed so that it can be solved, but we live in so much fear of lecturers that the next best thing to do is just to complain amongst ourselves.

On the flipside, with the magnitude of PR students, we have a much bigger voice to stand up to, hence face out fears, but due to discrepancies within classes, everyone is just in it for themselves.

End of the day, be aware of the surroundings you find yourself in, and try not to be influenced by what people tell you. At the end of the day, you have the choice to become a part of negative or positive network that influences your thought of thinking.

Until next time... Chow Bella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment