Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Interviews... Never know what to expect?


Everytime that word springs into my head, I surround myself with fear and nerves... why is that? I think its the way our minds are shaped around the work interview.
Imagine if you sculpt your view of an interview into anything other than an interview... what would it be? I would make an interview about the things I enjoy most.

If an interview was a party how would you prepare yourself? You would make sure you wearing your best outfit, and your shiny red heels, hair must be clean and looking fabulous, but most importantly you want people to notice you. You enjoy the social hub of gathering with your friends and meeting new people. If this was the case, would you still be that afraid of going to the interview?

Its amazing and scary at the same time how our culture, society and the media sometimes pollutes our minds in making us fear things, when actually it is a platform of engaging, talking, discussing views and opinions of the way forward for you as an individual, and for the company you would be working for.

Right now, I’m trying to work through my fear for an interview, hoping I could see it as an hour of engaging with another person, and sharing my knowledge and views of life and the way forward for their company; instead of fearing you would be judged because of your colour, social background and many other things that creep up into your head.

The only true advice I can give someone is to truly put Fourth your dreams and views, and link it to the company, thereby allowing your skills to be recognised, and allowing the business to either use, or further improve your skills.
I hope I helped UN-nerve you for your next interview.

Best of luck!

Until next time... chow bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment