Sunday, November 7, 2010

FRIDAY GONE WRONG...



Friday Gone Wrong…

This is probably the most embarrassing/ k*k funny/ korkiest day I’ve had in the 11months of 2010… I’m telling so NOT AYOBA!

Where to start… okay so recently our VINTAGE TOYOTA CAMRY undergone a major service, after it was replaced by my dad’s Audi… poor Camry. This means before Audi, Camry was our finest most precious possession. Then suddenly, after its ten year anniversary, MY FAMILY… yes ok, that includes me, started neglecting poor Camry – didn’t wash her, fix her or service her.

Then one day Camry just gave in from all the neglect and went POOOFFF!!!! Then dad got Audi, which meant even less attention was given to her and my dad just dumped poor old Camry in our forest of a yard, and got attention only on a YOU MUST WAIT FIRST, THEN SERVICE basis.

Eventually, Camry was fixed this month( November – 3 months later… scandal I tell you), but not fully recovered , mechanics warned that we drive Camry with caution as anything might happen if we drove her too hard too soon.

Then today arrived… FRIDAY, 5 –GUY-FAWKES DAY, and me moms asks me to buy a few items at 4Square in Kuils River (Most people who live in Kuils River knows 4Square). Off I drove Camry for the first time since her last appearance in our forest of a yard.

Camry Safely arrived at 4 Square, brought the goodies, came back to car, getting ready to start and move. But on this Friday, Camry decides not to start; I tried the 5 way trick in which to start the Camry but nothing happened. I then called home, and only other option now was to trot home.

Now firstly, one must note that I love walking and when I’m not stressed or drove in a car to a place, hence 4Square; I would walk home… but this wasn’t the case.

Cut to chase, I stalled a bit, hoping the busy corner (4Square) would subside and people would leave and then it wouldn’t seem that obvious of what had actually happened…but the more I stalled, the more people were pulling up.. ooooh so not AYOBA!

Eventually, I had to face my fears, climbed out of the car with my packet, while people were standing around the car and shop because it’s month end Friday and GuyFawx day – to put the cherry top, and started walking. And as I slowly begin walking away from Camry all the people turned heads and looked at me as If I was this really vesinne (dorkie) girl who is walking.. but where to was the question (If only they knew).



And just as I thought I exited swiftly from the embarrassment scene, one guy shouts ‘ where you walking if you came in a car’, just to ensure my sanity was still in place… lol – I replied and said ‘ag don’t worry about it, its too funny to explain’, and off I walked.

Moral of the story… NEVER DRIVE YOUR VINTAGE CAR TO A BUSY CORNER, WHEN 9/10 THERE IS A CHANCE IT MIGHT GET STUCK AND NOT START… WHICH LEAVES YOU TO A LONG WALK HOME… AND EMBARRASSMENT LOL.


Hope I put a smile on your dial :)

Have an Awesome Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment