Monday, April 19, 2010

How do you step from the top of a 100 Foot Pole


‘Why did you lie to me? You said you were just going out with your friends, nothing dangerous. I always liked your sense of adventure, but this, this extreme, why did you do it? How did you manage to step from the top of a 100 foot pole knowing there was know net at the end of the fall. What were you thinking…I’m so confused right now? Nothing adds up really. Then today your friend Billy drops off a letter that is from you. All he said was ‘He wanted me to give this to you because he really always loved only you!’ What the hell does that mean?’

‘Why won’t you wake up so that we can sort this out? I been sitting by your side since Monday but you just won’t wake up. WAKE UP WAKE UP DAMMIT!!! I never opened the letter yet because I’m too afraid of what it may say. Did you have an affair, or did you kill someone, why couldn’t you just speak to me, we always had a good understanding?”

‘Shit… okay, I’m going to read your letter to me, this way I don’t feel that alone. Here goes… “Hey my love, how are you doing my precious Lily. I hope you put on your best smile right now for what I’m about to tell you. I want you to meet me at the on the farm where we first met, next to the wind mill. I’ll be waiting for you there, just a bit higher than expected, it ‘s going to be a night you’ll not forget.” I don’t understand… it’s not like we never celebrated your 3 year anniversary already, because we did that last week. You continued by saying “I need you to wear the purple silk dress I bought you this week.” But I never received anything… is some kind of a sick joke where you going to wake up and say surprise? All you had left to say was “meet me at 7 pm my love because you never know if this may be our last night together”. What did you want to tell me that night Kyle?’

‘Billy, what is going on, what did you guys do Monday night and why is Kyle not waking up?’ Billy says, “Tara, he was going to propose to you on top of a hundred food pole with written lights saying ‘marry me’”. Oh my word, but why did he do such a dangerous thing? Billy continued, “ because that’s how much Kyle Loved you Tara, he would practically do anything for you, even if it meant creating a rainbow of lights… you remember you said you wished for pretty lights in the middle of know where so that you two could dance the night way? He set it all up and as his best friend I know he would want you to see it.” But he’s going to wake up soon so then he can show me can’t he Billy?

Billy shattered to break the news to her once again … “Tara he’s not going to wake up, he’s scull cracked because landed head first.” The life support is the only thing that’s keeping him alive right now.” Shut Up, shut up, he was just the other day so healthy and now he can barely say a word to me…

Kyle never woke up again and Tara never got over him, but she always visits the 100 foot pole, where she knows Kyle is watching over her and waiting for her, to meet one day.

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting angle Mish. Each individual has a different take on the topics Ms Pike gives us hey. In future watch out for spelling errors and pay attention to your tenses.

    ReplyDelete