Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Do you think females with straight hair are more attractive than females with Curly Hair??



I have this disturbia with males and females, especially in Cape Town. At least 80% of females go straight instead of curly or natural... why is that? In the Glamour magazine, they say you are more likely to get a date with a guy if your hair is straight and long over having curly hair.

I mean I know a lot of us coloured chicks have curly hair, but we out ourselves through the whole relaxer, straightening, perm and even weaving our hair phase of our lives... why? For some I know they do it because it makes there hair more thin and manageable to handle. I get that, but common guys, who are we truly kidding. You are also doing it for obvious reasons like guys who prefer dating girlfriends with straight hair.I have witnessed this time and time and time again, how guys suss the girls out in clubs, and believe you me, if you ain't got that flair or swing in your hair, you ain't the type for them.

I speak to guys almost everyday, and the girls they date have straight hair or putting on chemicals to make it look straight. They agree that females that have straight and long hair are extremely sexy.. what crap is that? They even went as far as saying that they don't want there offspring to have 'funny hair'. WTF? What happened to the times when you would just go natural and embrace what your genes and family gave you?

In my opinion, they'll be dating bimbos for all you know just so that they can parade to everyone 'oh chick out my chicks hair, its sleek and sexy'... like whatever!!!

This is how society the world are all influencing our thinking patterns especially our appearances. Even I sometimes don't want to wet my hair purely because I'm not comfortable have my hair curly, moms always telling me 'come do your hair, you look terrible with that wet hair'. And as always I would listen to her. Since then I just can't get myself to be me because I'm too worried what the next person might say. I think straight hair is so common and if we could all just be natural and go out and embrace one another individuality, the world would be a better place.

Anyway I would really like to know what your views are?

Until next time... Chow Bella :)

2 comments:

  1. Its true Mish, it’s much easier to handle straight hair than curly or natural hair trust me. Imagine if I would keep mu hair natural, I would look so simple, it just wouldn't feel right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. word up mish...this stigma behind straight hair is really "bos" so to say. i think guys are entitled to go for whatever they want,theres no way to control that, its just that media has painted a certain image of what beauty is to the public to both older and younger generations and the youth of today have eaten it up, its not sayin that guys who go for girls with straight hair are full of #%$&! no its just what they like , so girls dont feel bad about having curly locks or little afros or neither...it really doesnt matter i think..i have gurly hair myself and i enjoy wearing it whichever ways i want...unlike some of the guys youve spoken to mish, i go for personality and alil appeal ..no use "vrying" for 20minutes and theres no brains up there to have a decent conversation..;p

    ReplyDelete