Friday, March 26, 2010

Why I like Media Studies?



I've just realised today that I enjoy blogging and tweeting more than doing research assignments and assignments in general. I woke up this morning telling myself 'its all Comm Science assignment today Mish', by as soon as I reached a pc, the first thing I did was tweet on twitter and straight to my blogs.

When I neglect this subject, it saddens me, but when I neglect my other subjects, it just stresses me out. Media Studies had made me see that what I love doing, and that is writing as writing is my ultimate form of expressing myself, apart from dancing, which is another way I enjoy expressing myself but during my social time.

So how do I maintain a balance when I've spotted my talent? I know I could de-register all my other subjects. Nah lets face it, in order to get that piece of paper, you have to just suck it up and do work that is not always a pleasure, which I agree to disagree because all my subjects should be a joy to do. I thinks if because my brain and I came into this world with creativity and exuberant passion, excluding the methodology of having to research work in order to gain extensive knowledge. Don't get me wrong, I love doing research but not about things that will have no impact to my life one day.

Oh well, I guess that's how life throws you that curve ball sending you into the deep to allow yourself to think and discover all your abilities to use it extensively and appropriately.

Till next time... Chow Bela!

3 comments:

  1. Hey mish you like media studies because it doesn't require critical thinking like other subjects. Sometimes it does but not as much straining as the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I just think work in gerneral shouldn't be a strain or an effort to get through to non- communicative lecturers. Marion is at least always up to date with us and we know exactly what to expect from her unless she's totally stressed and tells us to 'get out of my classroom' and can't help us at the time..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You right Michelle, media studies doesn't have research assignments that we have to spend hours on, but why do I feel like it takes up a lot of my time compared to other subjects/modules?

    ReplyDelete