Friday, February 26, 2010

If I were the Boss?

Angry Boss


They are the ones who help and assist in making your working days a living hell. They notice when you made an error and make sure you pay for this error by being rude with you whole year. Besides being rude an angry boss has a lot of inner soul searching to do. Everyone around him becomes unhappy and unproductive, because you are not able to function effectively in an unpleasant environment Angry people in general are people who are not completely satisfied with themselves, and by shouting at others, they achieve a sense of relief by running away from their own issues and not facing it by the horns.



Happy Boss



They are people who are very comfortable with themselves and are able to conduct their work, effectively and efficiently without having to depend on others. By sending across positive energy in your working environment, allows people to enjoy their work without having to stress when he/she might get fired because of a simple mistake. A happy boss feels happy, because the team pulls their weight 100% of the time and therefore, they don't disappoint.

There are just days like today where I feel I could be an angry boss of my group. Although I do feel we should all be our bosses and the main boss should just monitor and ensure that the company functions correctly with every one's expertise.

Like today, their was a miscommunication barrier in our group, where we were unable to communicate effectively to each other. All of us ended up on total different spheres of Cape Town today. As for our group leader, I feel he could've communicated better and effectively with us.

If I were the boss, I would like to be a happy boss. I think a happy boss knows what they look for in an certain employee, therefore he won't hire someone who is not suited for the job, but choose the best candidate.

If I had to be the boss or leader of our group today, I would incorporate the following:
- Make sure my team meets on time for meetings, and should they be late, to notify one of the members or me (the boss).
- Make sure their are means of communication to get hold of members if people don't have airtime, namely, the Internet, and agree upon that means of communication
- make sure everyone has a copy of every one's contact details, so that if anything should happen, we are able to help one another out.
- Try to be as effective as possible in communicating the correct plan of action.
- Ensure everyone gets the same message before the meeting ends.
- Instill a sense of taking charge and knowing what I am doing, thereby not leaving my team mates, wondering what to do next.

To conclude, due to miscommunication today, we are not able to be on par and on deadline for our work.

Well, we can learn from this experience, and make sure it does not happen a second time around.

3 comments:

  1. Mish,trust me I would prefer to have a happy boss;who wants to have a dragon lady chasing after them the whole time. That creates unhappiness for one at their workplace. You could have made the post a bit shorter as I believe you could have still made a valid point even if you used fewer words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle! are you referring to me when i didn't pitch up last time at pentech? I told you i wasn't sure about the place and i left my wallet at home, remember mistakes are human! If you think i don't fit for being your group leader then please mention it, don't hesitate... Otherwise, i wouldn't say that enough i agree with Sibongile your blogs are lengthy but again it shows your inspiration is up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't mean to offend you Donat. I was just expressing my stress that day. I do think you have the leadership qualities, but sometimes you neglect to communicate effectively. And I don't really think of the length of my blogs, becuase its a form of expressing myself, therefor I do not feel the need to make it shortern my blogs. But thanks for the input.

    ReplyDelete