Monday, February 15, 2010

Beware of the Skater Dudes…


Monday morning I was on my way to tech, and as a student coming all the way from Kuils River, I take a train to Cape Town every morning and trot the other kilometers to tech. Just like any other day, I was walking across the parade, crossing the first robot onto the castle side walk. As we all know the buses in SA have no mercy for walking pedestrians, and like me, being pedestrian I find it safer to cross the road before the road makes a bend because you never know when a buss might come around in a mightily fast speed.

To get to the point, as I was about to cross the road a bus came out of no where and came full speed and immediately I turned back, and at this very moment I heard a guy,the skater dude! shout ‘WATCH OUT!’ and wham@#$#$%, bam@#@*## no thank you… no I’m just kidding he didn’t knock me. The next thing I know, I just feel this dude grabbing my hand in pursuit of almost falling on top of me …lol. Luckily I grabbed his hand steadily, had a moment... and let go. I was half asleep and half awake when this happened and the skater dude told me to watch where I walk, then I thought about it afterwards, and thought, but you skater dudes shouldn't’t even be skating in the road to begin with.

Moral of the story, watch out for skater dude’s, they are out there, so be on the look out next time you cross the road 8.15 am in the morning. As skaters you can’t blame the pedestrian can you... especially when we are more focusing on busses and cars driving past? Maybe if they had a flash light or a beeper to alert pedestrians, then maybe you won’t go crashing into us or vice versa.

So skater dude, if you are at Cape Tech, I’m sorry if I obstructed you, but you were also at fault to be skating in the road that busy time in the morning. Sorry!

Anyway it was a rush because I thought he was going to knock me, but he didn’t... hehehe. And he was a cute white dude as well hehe.

Mish.dish on her wacky Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Michelle for the warning. I will surely be aware of skater dudes when I am traveling on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey wasn't it your charming prince who came to rescue you? You should have asked him his number and set up a rendezvous to thank him...

    ReplyDelete