Sunday, February 14, 2010

Designer PR


If I were to define this topic, I believe in can be broken up into many facets. For one, being in Public Relations requires you to be very creative and innovative. As a designer PR, I envision a person who is able to come up with ideas, visualize and present it. I do however feel that being a PR student, we haven't been exposed to design as such. It would be sufficient if in future PR students could have Graphic Design and drawings as a subject and allow development in the creative side of PR.

I can't draw, so I'm always googling pictures to illustrate my concept or vision which at time are quite frustrating, because as an individual, we try to be independent on ourselves as much as possible.. I do but dew to lack of knowledge and experience, I struggle.

On the flip side I think I should make it my quest to teach myself design, downlaod a photoshop programme and take it from their. I don't think we should wait on an institution to enrich our knowlegde as time is precious and with all the information on the internet, it is possible to enrich ourselves as individuals and move forward.

Have to go to class... chat later!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. As PR students we should be more exposed to design. It would defintely be to our benefit to have design subjects incorporated in the PR course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really??! This morning when i had this little chat with you i knew from that moment that you have something about design you were so passionate when we discussed it. But not everyone is as talented as you are.

    ReplyDelete