Wednesday, February 2, 2011

People and their EGO's...


In life we all have needs and satisfactions we would like to satisfy some or other time, but sometimes we tend to run away with our thoughts and feelings and when you look again, its your ego talking to yourself without you even being aware of it. In my past experience, I have come across people who always seek to blame someone else for their short comings, but that in fact was just their ego speaking to them. I’m still young and learning every day, and today I learned that if you seek some satisfaction from someone else and expect them to fulfil, deep down you are not complete within yourself. Their appears to be hidden cracks that we are not aware of until we look at the situation from a different point of view, this is when we will notice how selfish it is of us to have expectations of other people when we ourselves cannot complete or satisfy our inner expectations.

I have managed to identify with the following pointers that assist me in not allowing my Ego to control my thoughts and my actions:

1 Your Ego seeks to control
When you are always rolling the ball in the game and not allowing someone else a chance to roll the ball, it’s your Ego busy intervening. A good example would be being in a relationship where you are always making decisions in the relationship and never have a compromise, because according to you, it satisfies you inner Ego which is wrong because a relationship is all about compromising and giving each other equal rights to make decisions. It’s the same when you swap the scenario around by just accepting things and allowing the partner to make all the choices, and that is unhealthy in my opinion.

2 – Your Ego seeks approval
This is when you become needy and try to feed off people’s energies and constantly need reassurance of being loved and taken care of. Once again this is your ego talking to you. Instead, you should try and identify your weaknesses and seek ways to overcome whereby you satisfy yourself. That way, you are not seen as a needy person who can’t stand for him or herself and constantly need people to reassure their love for you.

3- Your Ego seeks to judge
This is a very common characteristic we as individuals attain when we meet people for the first time. We judge them, but often our judgement about them are wrong because we don’t really know that person, so who are we to judge? We judge for many reasons like protection of the self, and your Ego when we think we a better than others, when we all fall under the same description... human beings.

4- Pride
One’s pride is like playing with fire. One minute you are poor, the next you become very wealthy and forget where you actually come from. Your pride kicks in and you begin to look down upon poor people and forget that you were once their too, but you brain wash yourself into thinking you were never really poor. I won’t lie but I never liked to associate myself with Afrikaans children at my school because I thought they were wild children and had no sense of value and norms. But I was proved wrong when we went on our prefect camp and I saw students who were shared the exact same goals and passions, and from that day onwards I don’t try and judge someone immediately.

All these characteristics form apart of who we are, its just a matter of being aware and controlling your ego surges, and try to fill any emptiness inside of you with happiness and laughter.

Until next time.. Chow Bela 

No comments:

Post a Comment