Friday, July 16, 2010

Our greatest Strengths are our greatest Weaknesses...


“Our greatest strengths are our greatest weaknesses”.... mmmm this statement is so bold and powerful, yet so very true to those who has never lived up to their greatest expectations, hence our greatest strengths; which then allows people to form and draw perceptions of their greatest weaknesses.

So how do we grasp or rather take action of one self’s true belief of our inner ability to be successful in life? Well, the only way to know who and what we are is through discovery, I believe. Discovery of one’s self through life is precious and so rewarding, but due to the fears we have to re-establish our thoughts.Most of the time we think in the way we were taught to through the way we were reared into thinking. What happens over a long period of time can develop into a mental block.

We are not aware of it as it gets stored in our sub-conscious and for some of us it never gets recovered because some of us never want to face our weaknesses and realise our greatest strengths. How I know this? Well, because I have recently discovered I have a mental block from being a success. Primarily due to my upbringing and the norms and values my parents have instilled and taught me. I’ve always known that i am creative in my head, but I always have a block of putting anything on paper. It’s like a creation half done, the concept will wonder around my head for months, but I’ll be too afraid to attempt it because I’m too scared I’ll fail at it.

My parents never made me a failure, but they definitely shaped my thinking, thinking that becoming a dancer or a creative director for an advertising agency, being something other than a managerial field would be an ultimate failure. They never said it in so many words, but when I told my mom and dad I wanted to pursue dancing as a career they didn’t support my decision or anything else. Which is why I am where I am today? I never had the guts to truly believe in my strengths or goals enough, in order to achieve them. Therefore, I have settled for a course that touches on most of my other passions like events management, photography,journalism, advertising and communication science.

In essence, we will never realise what we are all about unless we take risks in life. I was brain washed because I looked up to my parents and believed that what they said was true. The only sad part is that back when my folks we studying, all they had were a few options, and limits. I don’t blame my folks, because deep down I know they only wanted what they thought were in my best interest, and now that I have matured and realise my abilities, I hope and know that I will soar into my future; not with doubts but with a plan of action.

If you can relate with my story or experience, I would advise you to start realising what it is you are about, and go for it. It may take longer for others to realise their strengths but just as long as you know what you want out of life, the rest is all up to you.

Have an awesome evening ..mwah chow bela 

Every Day is good day! :)

1 comment:

  1. It is hard realizing ones strengths I think it’s rather easier to take note of our weaknesses which is not right. We sometimes tend to doubt ourselves, we should rather focus on what will built us and mould us in to the best people we can be.

    ReplyDelete